The ‘Principles and Practice’ document is essential reading for teachers to enable them to work with the experiences and outcomes for Religious Education in Catholic schools (RERC). It sets out the particular context for Religious Education in Catholic schools and addresses these questions:
- What will learning in religious education in Catholic schools enable children and young people to do?
- How and when will children learn about other world religions?
- What learning and teaching approaches might be used in religious education in Catholic schools?
- What are broad features of assessment in religious education in Catholic schools?
- How are the religious education in Catholic schools experiences and outcomes organised?
Full understanding of these principles and practice can only be achieved by reading them in conjunction with This is Our Faith which sets out the content of the RERC curriculum.