Setting Out on the Road is an introductory course on teaching Religious Education in Catholic schools, leading to the award of a certificate from the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland. It will be of interest to: Teachers who have not obtained a Catholic Teacher’s Certificate to teach religious education in Catholic schools and Students who are enrolled in a post / under graduate Teaching course, aiming to be teaching within the next two years.
- to develop understanding of the vocation of the Catholic teacher
- to develop knowledge of aspects of Catholic theology and Church teaching
- to develop understanding of the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and the purpose of Catholic religious education
- to develop skills in planning, implementing and evaluating Catholic Religious Education lessons and programmes.
NATURE OF COURSE
- attendance required at 4 learning days
- with learning structured around sections of This Is Our Faith and input provided by theologians and educators
- completion of directed tasks in R.E. journal (in one school session)
- support and feedback given prior to assessment
- On Day 1 of the course participants will receive an R.E. Journal which will direct their on-going learning for the school year ahead. The Journal contains directed reading tasks and activities. Course participants will be expected to complete designated assignments to meet specific deadlines. Feedback will be provided by course tutors prior to the contents of entire R.E. Journal being assessed towards the end of the school year.
|2017-18 COURSES & LOCATIONS- Applications to participate in “Setting Out” are now open please click here to apply|
|Location:||Dunkeld Diocese: St. Ninian’s institute|
|Dates:||May 26th, September 29th , September 30th, November 16th|
|Location:||Paisley Diocese: St. Mirin Cathedral halls APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR PAISLEY – PLEASE APPLY FOR THE WAITING LIST BELOW|
|Dates:||August 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th|
|All sessions run from 9am to 3.30pm|
The course fee is £210 per participant, payable upon enrolment. This covers the cost of all materials, tuition and assessment. (NB Support may be available from schools or Councils.)
To obtain more details contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone: 0141 556 4727 .
If you are currently working within a school in the Diocese of Dunkeld, please contact your head teacher to apply for a place.