To find a wide range of resources and weblinks which can be used to engage young people in exploring the significance of Advent and to encourage appropriate preparations for Christmas, click here: Advent & Christmas Year C.
In addition to the Advent and Christmas resources listed on that page, the following resources can be downloaded from the attachments listed below:
Advent in 2 minutes: A Busted Halo video on You Tube, showing the links between Advent and Christmas.
Advent Reflections: a series of reflections for each week in Advent.
Nativity Powerpoint templates which can be used to present the Christmas story as pary of a Christmas service or a school assembly. In each template there is a title page and this is followed by a text page. New pages with various layouts can be inserted. using the New Slide menu.
- Nativity 1, Nativity 2, Nativity 3, Nativity 4 all use traditional Nativity figures to illustrate the Nativity story. Nativity 5 shows people dressed as the characters of the Nativity story – Mary, Joseph etc. All of these could be used by younger children to explore the Nativity story.
- Crib 1 and Crib 2 show an empty crib on which sits a crown of thorns. These might be useful for older children exploring the purpose of the Incarnation.
- Magi 1 and Magi 2 use illustration of the 3 Magi travelling to greet the Birth of Jesus.
- Class Advent Service (66.50 KB)
- Advent Week 1 (263.84 KB)
- Advent Week 2 (260.81 KB)
- Advent Week 3 (314.96 KB)
- Advent Week 4 (298.57 KB)
- Nativity 1 (263.50 KB)
- Nativity 2 (249.50 KB)
- Nativity 3 (252.00 KB)
- Nativity 4 (230.00 KB)
- Nativity 5 (225.00 KB)
- Crib 1 (222.00 KB)
- Crib 2 (253.50 KB)
- Magi 1 (266.50 KB)
- Magi 2 (182.00 KB)