For those S6 students enrolled for the Caritas Award this session, attention has turned towards gathering all the evidence which they need to demonstrate that they have met the success criteria which will enable them to be presented with the Caritas Award in 2015. This should be a fairly straightforward task for those who have participated in the award appropriately. All Assessment documentation has now been sent to schools prior to assessment evidence being submitted by 31st March 2015.
To gain the Caritas Award, candidates must satisfy the assessors that they have met these eight success criteria:
- I have provided evidence of extensive personal reflection on my Caritas journey.
- I have demonstrated how my knowledge and understanding of “Caritas” has developed during the Caritas Award, with particular reference to Scripture and the teaching of Pope Benedict XVI.
- I have shown my response to my learning about “Caritas” by sharing key experiences and moments of insight from the award year.
- I have evaluated and explained the impact of my Caritas journey on my faith and values.
- I have completed 20 hours of faith witness activities in my school community.
- I have completed 20 hours of faith witness activities in my parish or faith community.
- I have provided evidence of the impact of my faith witness activities on my school and on my parish or faith community.
- I have provided evidence that I have reflected on how the Caritas Award might influence my future actions.
Evidence to be provided
Each candidate should gather the following pieces of evidence:
A. Parish activities logsheet
B. School activities logsheet
C. 4 Caritas Journal assessments (pp 9/10, 19/20, 29/30, 39/40)
D. Final submission
Assessment of evidence
Each candidate’s evidence will be assessed and verified by assessors on the Caritas Award Board which comprises people of significant experience in Catholic education who have been briefed on the assessment criteria which will be applied consistently.
Schools will be notified of the results of assessments by early May. Invitations will then be sent to those who are eligible to be presented with the award at the Caritas Award Ceremony in the Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow on Wednesday 3rd June 2015.