MAKING WORK EXPERIENCE WORK – GUIDANCE FOR SCHOOLS
An important part of the journey towards a career as a teacher in a Catholic school is the opportunity to have some kind of Work Experience placement that truly reflects how a Catholic school functions as a community of faith and learning, and the central role of the teacher in building and supporting the distinctive nature of the Catholic school.
This guidance outlines:
- The aims of school work experience
- The responsibilities for the school offering the placement
- The responsibilities for the student on placement
- An example of a journal that can be used to allow students to record and reflect upon their experience
- Handy “placemats” suggesting activities and strategies for school and student, including how to prepare in advance of the placement.
This document offers advisory guidance; it is not intended to be either definitive or prescriptive.
|Work Experience Ideas and Guidance (final)||Download|