There are 3 main activities for the young people enrolled for the Pope Francis Faith Award.
- At various points, mainly across P6 & P7, they will gather together to reflect on a short Scripture passages which will help them to LEARN and REFLECT about their Faith.
- After they reflect on each Gift of the Holy Spirit they will be asked to ACT by choosing a Faith Action which they will do at HOME, in SCHOOL and, if they are Catholic, in their PARISH.
- They will note their learning, their actions and their reflections on these in their personal FAITH Journal which will act as a scrapbook for collecting evidence – notes, photographs etc.
To be presented with the award a young person must present evidence to show that (s)he:
- has used all the gifts of the Holy Spirit when showing love of God and love of others
- has reflected on how their actions have made an impact on their journey of faith.
To gain the award with a Parish Commendation, the parish must confirm that a young parishioner is participating in the life of the parish.