Loretto RC Primary School is a denominational school with a non‑denominational nursery class. It serves the town of Musselburgh and the surrounding area. The roll was 164, including 36 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in March 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010.
Particular strengths of the school
- Polite, courteous children.
- Children’s enthusiasm for learning in the nursery class.
- The quality of children’s music and singing.
- The support and involvement of parents, led by the Parent Council.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Improve teamwork and leadership for learning at all levels.
- Improve children’s progress and achievement in English and mathematics.
- Use self‑evaluation to improve learning, the curriculum and the ways in which children’s needs are met.