Our Lady of Peace Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Barlanark, Easthall and Wellhouse areas of Glasgow. The former St John Ogilvie Primary School and St Jude’s Primary School amalgamated to form Our Lady of Peace Primary School in June 2006. The headteacher was appointed in September 2006. The school has been in a new building since May 2008. The roll was 220 when the inspection was carried out in May 2009. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
- The welcoming, caring ethos of the school.
- The contribution of the nurture group to meeting the needs of children experiencing difficulty.
- Partnerships with the parish and the local community.
Example of good practice
- The role of P6 Activators in improving children’s play in the playground.