Course participants are required to complete and submit the assessment tasks specified in detail in the R.E. Journal, according to the schedule outlined below. All the required reading is provided in the Journal.
Assignment Task sheets should be downloaded, using the sidebar link on this page. NB The R.E. Lesson Plan Template should be used a number of times to complete the various Lesson plans required.
Click on the TITLE “Setting Out Course 2 Assignments” to select individual Assignment Task sheets or on “Download All Files” to download a Zip folder containing ALL the Assignment sheets. You will receive an email message prompting you to send your completed assignments to the SCES DROPBOX folder.
Submission 1 (click to upload to Dropbox folder)
By 31st January 2016 course participants will submit assessment tasks for:
- December: 1) Reflection on Immaculate Conception; 2) Responses to 5 questions on the Incarnation; 3) Lesson Plan for an Assembly on the Birth of Jesus
- January: 1) Reflections on a) the meaning of a sacrament and b) Jesus as sacrament of God’s presence; 2) Lesson Plan on the Eucharist; 3) List the actions needed to organise a Class Mass
Course Tutors will provide feedback by 29th February 2016.
Submission 2 (click to upload to Dropbox folder)
By 31st May 2016 course participants will submit assessment tasks for:
- February/March: 1) Write two Lesson Plans on learning activities related to Catholic Education Week; 2) Reflection on significance of Lent in the Liturgical Calendar; 3) Upload a photograph of a Sacred Space; 4) Write two Lesson Plans on the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- April: 1) 500 word Reflection on Easter as the “Feast of all feasts”
- May: 1) Lesson Plan on Pentecost
Course Tutors will provide feedback on Submission 2 by 30th June 2016.
Final submission (click to upload to Dropbox folder)
By 30th November 2016 Course participants will submit assessment tasks for:
- August: 1) Reflection on Word of God as a source of Catechesis in classroom; 2) Lesson Plan, using Scripture (OT or NT)
- September: 1) Reflection on importance of prayer for children and the significance of a sacred space in the classroom; 2) Upload a photograph of your classroom sacred space; 3) Lesson Plan for a short prayer service
- October: 1) Reflection on the Rosary as a prayerful journey through the lives of Jesus and Mary; 2) Lesson Plan on Mary Mother of God or the Rosary; 3) Lesson Plan on a specific Mystery of the Rosary
- November: 1) Write a paragraph explaining the “Communion of Saints” to your class; 2) Lesson Plan for an assembly on either Feast of All Saints or Month of the Holy Souls; 3) Record ways in which your school or parish has prayed for the “faithful departed” in November.
- FINAL TASK: 1) Extended essay (2,000 words) on the Vocation of the Catholic teacher as evangelist and catechist
Final assessment of R.E. Journals will be completed and certificates will be issued by 31st December 2016.