Saints Peter and Paul RC Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the area north-west of the centre of Dundee. The roll was 308 when the inspection was carried out in November 2010. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2008/2009. This report was published on 21st December 2010
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident, friendly children who respect and care for each other.
- Staff teamwork and their commitment to the care and well-being of all children.
- Positive links with the local community to enhance children’s citizenship skills.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed:
- Improve the curriculum by using Curriculum for Excellence.
- Improve learning by increasing challenge and by giving children better opportunities to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Improve self-evaluation so that it has a more effective impact on children’s learning and achievement.
- Review the remits of the senior management team to focus directly on improving learning and achievement.