St Andrew’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves Bearsden and surrounding areas. The roll was 321 when the inspection was carried out in May 2010. Children’s attendance wasin line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Very well behaved children who are highly motivated, confident and eager to learn.
- High attainment in language and mathematics.
- Staff teamwork and approaches to implementing Curriculum for Excellence particularly, in numeracy.
- Partnerships with parents and parents’ active involvement in their children’s learning.
- Outstanding pastoral support within a strong community of faith.
- Leadership of the headteacher and use of self-evaluation to improve learning.
The following area for improvement have been agreeed with the school and education authority:
- Continue to deliver high quality education