St Bridget’s Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves parts of the Kilbirnie and Beith areas of North Ayrshire. The roll was 161, plus 43 in the nursery class, when the inspection was carried out in November 2009. Children’s attendance was above the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident and friendly children who are keen to learn.
- Children’s sense of enjoyment and achievement.
- Inclusive and supportive school ethos.
- Strong and supportive leadership of the headteacher.
- Staff contributions to the life and work of the school.
Examples of good practice
- ‘Equally Well’ community health programme.
- Nurture throughout the school day.