St Brigid’s Primary School is a denominational school which serves the community of Newmains, near Wishaw. A new headteacher took up post in late 2007.
A report on St Brigid’s Primary School was published in September 2007, setting out key strengths of the school and main points for action. This follow-through report is based on an inspection visit which was carried out in May 2009. It tells about improvements since the original inspection in the quality of education which the school provides. It also comments on how the school is getting on with the main points for action.
Particular strengths of the school
- Very well-behaved, polite and helpful children who enjoy their learning.
- A committed, able team of staff who work together well to provide children with high quality learning experiences.
- The school’s work for Glow, the Scottish schools’ information and communications technology network.
- Strong, well-focused leadership from the headteacher and principal teacher.
- Substantial improvements in children’s attainment in English language and mathematics.