St Brigid’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves Toryglen and parts of King’s Park in the south east of Glasgow. The roll was 228 when the inspection was carried out in June 2011. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2009/2010.
Particular strengths of the school
- Polite and respectful children who are keen to learn.
- Children’s involvement in the life of the school.
- Concern shown by all staff for children’s care and welfare.
- Leadership of the headteacher in bringing about school improvement.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Provide children with more opportunities to lead their learning.
- Improve staff teamwork.
- Further develop leadership opportunities for staff.