St Cadoc’s Primary School is a denominational school which serves Newton Mearns and areas of Giffnock. The roll was 616 when the inspection was carried out in June 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children’s enthusiasm and engagement in learning.
- Children’s attainment and achievement.
- The effective way staff meet children’s learning needs, particularly for children who need additional support.
- The positive impact of children’s and staff’s commitment to each others’ care and welfare.
- Impact of the headteacher’s and other managers’ leadership in taking forward school improvement.
- Teamwork of staff and their use of self-evaluation to improve learning and teaching.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Continue with the identified priorities including plans to take forward Curriculum for Excellence.