St Charles’ Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the North Kelvinside and Maryhill area of Glasgow. The roll was 240 when the inspection was carried out in September 2009. The school roll increased by 107 in recent months. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2007/2008. The Language Unit which shares the accommodation was inspected at the same time and is subject to a separate report.
Particular strengths of the school
- Improved attainment in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
- An ethos where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- Involvement of all staff in leading school improvement.
- Leadership of the headteacher who has shared her vision for the school.
Example of good practice
- The impact of education about sustainable development education on children’s learning.