St Charles’ Primary School is a denominational school with a non-denominational nursery class. It serves the south area of Paisley. The roll was 455, including 94 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in February 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010
Particular strengths of the school
- Highly confident children who are keen to share their learning.
- The very caring and positive ethos in the school, within which children feel cared for and valued.
- The staff team who work well together to provide children with a motivating learning experience.
- Close links with parents, community and agencies that encourage the wider achievement of all children.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Increase the pace of implementation of Curriculum for Excellence, including a more secure approach to tracking children’s progress.
- Continue to involve parents as active partners in their child’s learning and in improving the school.
- Develop further regular and challenging opportunities for children to be independent and responsible both within and outwith the classroom.