St Conval’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Pollokshaws, Shawlands, Auldhouse, Hillpark and Mansewood areas of Glasgow. The roll was 242 when the inspection was carried out in March2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010.
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident children who are motivated to learn and deonstrate exemplary behaviour.
- The inclusive, nurturiung environment for learning.
- Children’s attainment and achievements in school and in their comunity.
- Support for bilingual learners.
- Teamwork of staff and their successful partnerships with parents, other agencies and the local community.
- Leadership of the headteacher in improving the work of the school.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Continue to develop and implement Curriculum for Excellence and provide further leadership for learning opportunities for staff at all levels.
- Continue to improve arrangements for evaluating the work of the school.