St Cuthbert’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Possilpark area of Glasgow. The roll was 86 when the inspection was carried out in March 2010. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2008/2009. The headteacher took up post in September 2009. Almost all teachers are new to the school this session and a significant number are on temporary placement. The school is expected to move to a new shared campus in autumn 2011.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children who are enthusiastic and keen to learn.
- Provision for the care and welfare of children provided by all staff
- Partnerships with a range of agencies which are effective in supporting children’s learning
- The positive start made by the headteacher to leading and improving the work of the school.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Further develop the curriculum, taking account of Curriculum for Excellence, with a focus on literacy and numeracy.
- Improve the pace of children’s learning and progress.
- Involve staff more in evaluating the work of the school to bring about improvements in children’s learning experiences.