St Fergus’ RC Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Ardler area of Dundee. The roll was 135, including 13 in the enhanced provision for those with complex learning needs. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010. The school has undergone significant leadership and staff changes over the last year.
Particular strengths of the school
- Helpful and friendly children who are keen to learn and play an important part in improving their school.
- The motivating and inclusive environment for learning.
- The commitment and teamwork of all staff in ensuring the care and welfare of children.
- Highly-effective partnership working to meet the wide range of children’s learning needs.
- The leadership of the headteacher and promoted staff in securing improvements for learners.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority
- Continue the drive to raise children’s attainment in English and mathematics.
- Continue to take forward Curriculum for Excellence, including arrangements for tracking and assessing children’s progress.