St Joachim’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Carmyle area in the east of Glasgow. The roll was 104 when the inspection was carried out in May 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010. Around a fifth of children attend the school as a result of making a placing request.
Particular strengths of the school
- Ways for children to learn both within and outwith the classroom.
- Children who are engaged in learning and enthusiastic about developing their skills as learners.
- Work of the school community to enrich and support children’s learning.
- Success of the staff in creating a learning environment which motivates children to achieve success.
- Leadership of the headteacher.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority
- Continue to implement school improvements as planned.