St John’s High School is a denominational school which serves the west and central areas of the city of Dundee. The roll was 880 when the inspection was carried out in November 2009. The school has enhanced provision for a small number of young people with more complex support needs drawn from across the city. Young people’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- The strong caring Catholic ethos.
- High-quality support for vulnerable young people.
- Strong partnerships which are extending young people’s learning and achievements.
- Polite young people who have a sense of pride in their school.
Example of good practice
- Impact of the ‘Community Enterprise Project’ on young people’s achievement.