St Luke’s High School is a denominational school which serves the towns of Barrhead, Neilston and Uplawmoor. The inspection was carried out in November 2008 at which time the roll was 638. Young people’s attendance was above the national average in 2006/07.
Particular strengths of the school
- Young people’s consistently high levels of success in examinations.
- Success across a range of activities brought about by the dedication of staff and the motivation of young people to achieve.
- High levels of involvement in the community by young people.
- Focus of all staff on meeting all learning needs which leads to almost all young people achieving success.
- All young people are included and take an active part in the life of the school.
- A culture among staff of seeking improvement and making sure changes improve teaching and learning continuously.
- Highly effective leadership at all levels which motivates staff to continue to improve.
Examples of good practice
- Planning to ensure positive destinations for young people.
- Tracking wider achievements.
- Developing activities across faculties.