St Mary’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Duntocher, Hardgate and Old Kilpatrick areas of Clydebank. The roll was 360 when the inspection was carried out in April 2010. Children’s attendance wasin line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Welcoming and positive ethos.
- Confident, articulate children who are enthusiastic about their learning.
- Staff teamwork in promoting and recognising children’s wider achievements.
- Relationships with parents and the community to support children’s learning.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Continue to take forward Curriculum for Excellence.
- Build on examples of successful learning and teaching to ensure children’s learning needs are being met fully.
- Extend approaches to monitoring and evaluating the work of the school in order raise attainment.