St Mary’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the town of Larkhall and surrounding areas. The roll was 101 when the inspection was carried out in February 2009. Pupils’ attendance was above the national average in 2007/08.
Particular strengths of the school
- Polite, friendly and confident children who are keen to learn.
- The development of Spanish across the school.
- The school’s approaches to encouraging children’s physical fitness.
Areas for improvement
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Improve how the school meets the needs of all learners, particularly the most vulnerable.
- Improve self-evaluation to ensure improvements for all learners.
- Develop communication with parents and opportunities for them to be involved in their children’s learning and in the life and work of the school.
- Improve leadership for learning amongst all staff to ensure consistently high quality experiences for children.