St Mirin’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Croftfoot and Simshill areas of Glasgow. The roll was 277 when the inspection was carried out in September 2009. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children’s exemplary behaviour, respect for each other and motivation to learn.
- High attainment in English language and mathematics.
- The staff team’s skill and success in meeting all learners’ needs.
- Consistently high standards of teaching.
- Use of self-evaluation to improve learning.
- Leadership of the headteacher in improving the school.
Examples of good practice
- Work against sectarianism.
- Children’s confidence and motivation as writers.
- Support from the school community to meet children’s needs.