St Modan’s High School is a denominational school which serves Stirling, Clackmannanshire and part of Falkirk. The roll was 905 when the inspection was carried out in January 2009. Young people’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- The exceptionally positive school ethos and sense of community.
- High levels of attainment and achievement.
- The unusually high degree of staff commitment and teamwork.
- The innovative approaches taken to meet the range of young people’s needs.
- The lead given to the school by the headteacher.
Examples of good practice
- The “Period 7” extension of the curriculum to provide physical, creative and enterprise activities for all young people.
- The comprehensive approach to the personal and social development of young people.
- The quality of continuous professional development for all staff.