St Patrick’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves Anderston, Finnieston and an area in the west of Glasgow city centre. The roll was 111 when the inspection was carried out in May 2010. More than half of the children use English as an additional language. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2008/2009. The catchment area served by the school includes some of the most deprived areas of Scotland.
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident, happy and well-behaved children who benefit from wide ranging opportunities for achievement.
- High-quality support provided for children with English as an additional language, to meet their needs.
- Outstanding care and welfare provided by staff.
- Strong leadership of the headteacher.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Further improve learning and teaching across the school to achieve consistently high-quality experiences for children.
- Involve children more in decisions about their learning.
- Further develop the curriculum taking account of national initiatives.