St Patrick’s RC Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the town of Lochgelly. The roll was 148 when the inspection was carried out in March 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children are motivated and engaged in a broad range of high-quality learning experiences.
- The positive, inclusive and welcoming ethos meets the needs of all children.
- The headteacher’s leadership of learning, encouragement and support of staff.
- All staff share in the responsibility for improving the school.
- The involvement of parents and a range of partners in working with the school to support children’s learning.
Areas for improvement
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Take forward agreed priorities for development, including building on existing good practice in implementing Curriculum for Excellence.
- Further develop opportunities for children to be involved in the decision-making process.