Following the school’s formation as a result of amalgamation, there has been a period of considerable staff turnover and acting assignments at senior management level. The very recently appointed headteacher has made a strong start in identifying strengths and areas needing to be improved. Staff are optimistic about the school’s potential for further improvement.
key strengths of the school:
- The welcoming atmosphere and caring ethos.
- The commitment of staff to improve the school.
- The support provided for young people entering the school from P7.
- The quality of accommodation and facilities.
The following action points have been agreed with the school to bring about improvement:
- Raise expectations and improve the consistency of young people’s learning experiences and achievements.
- Improve arrangements to meet the learning needs of young people, including those requiring additional support.
- Improve the curriculum to meet the needs and entitlements of all young people.
- Develop consistent and rigorous approaches to self-evaluation.