St Peter’s Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves the towns of Ardrossan, Seamill and West Kilbride. The roll was 319, including 40 in the nursery class, when the inspection was carried out in June 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children’s behaviour, attitude and enthusiasm for learning.
- Staff teamwork and the support given to help children achieve well.
- Consistently high levels of attainment.
- Children’s involvement in planning their learning.
- The leadership of the headteacher and staff commitment to school improvement.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Ensure more effective joint working between the nursery and P1 to deliver better continuity and progression of learning at the early level.
- Develop further the school’s approaches to, and staff involvement in, self-evaluation.