St Roch’s Primary School is a denominational school serving the Royston area of the City of Glasgow. Since the original inspection there have been significant staff changes in the school, including a new senior management team. The headteacher and acting depute headteacher have been in post for one year. A principal teacher has recently been appointed.
This is a follow-up to an HMI report published in May 2006.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children’s active participation in learning and the quality of teaching.
- A range of successful approaches to meet children’s learning needs.
- Arrangements for developing children’s personal and social skills.
- Effective leadership of the headteacher and strong teamwork amongst staff.
Example of good practice
- The school’s approaches to developing children’s personal and social skills.