St Stephen’s Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the districts of Greenend, Sikeside, Carnbroe, Lower Cairnhill and Victoria Park in the town of Coatbridge. The roll was 127 when the inspection was carried out in May 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010.
Particular strengths of the school
- Happy, courteous children who contribute effectively to the school community.
- Motivating experiences which engage children actively in their learning.
- Highly-motivated staff who are successfully engaged in improving teaching and learning.
- Partnerships with parents to support children’s learning.
- Outstanding leadership of the headteacher.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority
- Continue to develop the curriculum to link assessment more closely to learning and teaching.
- Ensure the planning and pace of delivery of the curriculum continue to focus on children’s progress in their learning.