St Teresa’s RC Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves the north west areas of Dumfries. The roll was 94, including 25 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in April 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Commitment of the headteacher and all staff to the care and welfare of children.
- Positive relationships amongst children and staff in the school and nursery class.
- Children’s learning experiences in the nursery class.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Improve attainment in English language and mathematics.
- Build more effectively on prior learning to ensure appropriate pace of progress to meet more effectively the needs of all children.
- Introduce systematic and rigorous arrangements for monitoring and evaluating the work of the school.
- Improve leadership for learning across the school.