St Thomas’ Primary School is a denominational school which serves Neilston and parts of Barrhead. The roll was 172 when the inspection was carried out in May 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Highly-motivated children who are keen to learn and proud of their own and each others’ achievements.
- The ‘can do’ attitude shown by children and staff, and the very respectful ethos across the school.
- The impact of partnerships with parents, associated schools and the wider community.
- The school’s very effective arrangements to meet children’s learning needs and the care shown by staff for children’s wellbeing.
- The headteacher’s very successful leadership of change and improvement, especially her involvement of children, staff and parents.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Build on current strong practice in self-evaluation to maintain a consistently high quality of learning experiences for all children