Turnbull High School is a denominational school serving Bishopbriggs, Torrance, Lennoxtown, Bearsden and Milngavie. The roll was 655 when the inspection was carried out in June 2010. Young people’s attendance was above the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Confident, motivated and responsible young people who are proud of their school and committed to contributing to their wider community.
- Young people’s achievements, including attainment in national examinations.
- Well-planned projects which support young people’s learning across subject areas.
- The commitment of all staff to improving the curriculum, learning and teaching, and young people’s achievements.
- The school’s strongly positive ethos, including the way in which the school, as a community of faith engaged in learning, puts its values into practice.
- The strong and highly effective leadership of the headteacher.
The following area for improvement have been agreeed with the school and education authority:
- Continue work to ensure that teaching and young people’s learning experiences are of a consistently high quality across the school.