St Kevin’s Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves the village of Bargeddie. The roll was 154, including 60 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in June 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010. The school is housed in high-quality accommodation. It shares a campus with non-denominational Bargeddie Primary School and a community facility. Both schools share the playground, sports facilities, dining area, library, main hall and foyer
Particular strengths of the school
- Children who are friendly, welcoming and proud of their school.
- The development of children’s information and communications technology (ICT) skills.
- Identifying and supporting children’s needs at the primary stages.
- Strong partnerships with parents, agencies and community groups which enhance children’s experiences.
- Teamwork of all staff, led by the headteacher, in creating an ethos of inclusion.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Continue to develop the curriculum taking account of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Ensure that the results of self-evaluation processes are used to secure continuous improvement.
- Consistently apply positive behaviour strategies across the primary stages.