All Saints Secondary School is a denominational school which serves an area in the north east of Glasgow City. The roll was 1017 when the inspection was carried out in October 2009. It includes around 120 young people including some with asylum seeker status, and others for whom English is not their first language. Young people’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- Courteous and helpful young people.
- The support provided by partners in the community for learners’ wider achievement.
- High quality pastoral care and support for all young people, in particular those with additional learning needs.
- Effective support for young people moving on to employment and training, and increased numbers progressing to higher education.
- Strong leadership from the headteacher, staff and young people at the senior stages.
Examples of good practice
- Learning leaders in English.
- Raising aspirations and supporting transitions.