St Anthony’s RC Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves the villages of Armadale, Blackridge and Westfield. The roll was 264, including 77 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in February 2011. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2009/2010. At the time of inspection, the headteacher had just completed a two-year secondment. This required him to take responsibility for the management and leadership of another local denominational primary school as well as maintaining his post at St Anthony’s RC Primary School
Particular strengths of the school
- Well-behaved and motivated children who are eager to learn.
- Staff teamwork and their willingness to take on leading roles within school improvement.
- The school’s commitment to inclusive education and to celebrating the achievements of all.
- Staff’s commitment to the promotion of anti-sectarianism through education.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Develop further consistency across the school in providing appropriate pace and challenge for every learner. Develop further the school grounds to be an effective learning environment.
- Develop further the school grounds to be an effective learning environment.