St Denis’ Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Dennistoun area in the east of the City of Glasgow. The roll was 273 when the inspection was carried out in February 2010. Children’s attendance was below the national average in 2008/2009. In September 2009, there were 46 children with a main home language other than English.
Particular strengths of the school
- The welcoming and inclusive ethos.
- Very well-behaved children who are enthusiastic about their learning.
- Children’s progress in English language.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority.
- Develop further a consistent approach to learning and teaching across the school.
- Develop children’s skills for independent learning and involve them more in making decisions about learning.
- Continue to develop active learning approaches across the curriculum.