The Parent Involvement Working Group, established by the Catholic Education Commission, is bursting with ideas about how to support parents to get more involved in their children’s faith formation. They need to hear from parents who are interested in Catholic education. They need parents to identify issues where they would benefit from particular advice or information. They are keen to help, but they need YOU to help them.
Some members of the Parental Involvement Working Group meeting in Stirling on Saturday 14th September 2013.
What’s in the pipeline?
Among the support being planned by the group are some of the following resources which will appear in session 2013-14:
- Answers to the most common questions which parents have about Catholic education.
- Materials which will promote prayer in school and in the family home.
- Advice to Parent Councils on how to work with teachers to place the identity and mission of the Catholic school at the heart of their work
What can parents do?
- School Parent Councils can email email@example.com to provde contact details of their Council’s Chair or Secretary. This contact will then be added to a distribution list for materials and information.
- You can suggest particular issues on which parents would like some information or support.
- You can invite someone form the CEC group to speak to your Parent Council or a parish group and to listen to particular issues which are most relevant to you.