St Rose of Lima Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Ruchazie area in the east of Glasgow. The roll was 297 when the inspection was carried out in June 2010. Children’s attendance wasbelow the national average in 2008/2009.
Particular strengths of the school
- Well-behaved children who are enthusiastic about their learning.
- Range of learning experiences.
- Success of the school choir.
- Ways for children to take responsibility around the school.
- The work of the staff to create a stimulating environment where children are valued.
- Leadership of the headteacher.
The following areas for improvement have been agreed with the school and education authority:
- Ensure tasks and activities meet the learning needs of all children.
- Continue to improve approaches to self-evaluation.